Successful is the person who has lived well, laughed often and loved much, who has gained the respect of children, who leaves the world better than they found it, who looks for the best in everyone and gives the best of themselves.
I believe in the law and have lived it my whole life. My family has been in the legal business for over fifty years. I grew up in this law office with my dad and brother and now we practice together. We are a general law firm. I am a negotiator until it’s time to fight. I believe in my clients and truly want to help them. However, I tell it like it is. My love is custody and family law, but I practice all types of law. I have won many fathers their children and helped many women keep their children. I have also served as a litigation support witness wherein I was hired to render expert testimony concerning family law issues. I have also published an article in the Catalyst, November 2003, Vol. 9. No. 2 Illinois State Bar Association publication titled: Reflections of a downstate family lawyer’s experience with domestic violence and the law: Intentional infliction of a spouse’s emotional distress. I am a mediator and arbitration judge.
I always believe that my clients should neogatate when ever possible; however, many times there comes a time when that is not possible and I am a fighter for justice.
Education and Experience
After completing her undergraduate degree, Stephanie Ames studied at the Michigan State University College of Law. She earned her Juris Doctor from this institution in 1997. Shortly after graduating from law school, Stephanie Ames became licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois. She has been practicing law in this state for 18 years.
Illinois Attorney Stephanie Ames has spent her entire legal career practicing family law through Ames Law Office.
Attorney Stephanie Ames is currently accepting cases in the following practice areas:
- Divorce – Stephanie Ames has experience with all types of divorce cases. Whether your divorce is simple and uncontested or extremely complex, she can help you protect your interests from start to finish.
- Child Support – When a child’s parents don’t live together, one parent must typically pay child support to the other parent. Stephanie Ames can help you seek child support or request a modification to an existing child support order.
- Child Custody – If you and your child’s other parent don’t live in the same home, Attorney Stephanie Ames can help you seek custody of your child or visitation rights.
- Guardianship – Stephanie Ames can help individuals seeking guardianship of minor children, as well as incapacitated adults in the state of Illinois.
- Other Family Law – Stephanie Ames can also handle other family law issues, such as paternity cases and modifications to existing court orders.
Stephanie Ames has experience with all types of family law matters. She understands how Illinois laws apply in every case, and she always treats her clients with compassion and respect.
Associations, Organizations and Awards
Attorney Stephanie Ames holds active memberships in the Henry County Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association. She also serves as a Volunteer Instructor for Junior Achievement, as well as a Service Team Leader and Troop Leader for the Girl Scouts of Mississippi Valley. In 2013, Attorney Stephanie Ames received the Illinois Pro Bono Partner Award for her outstanding service.
Working with Attorney Stephanie Ames
Attorney Stephanie Ames practices in Henry County, Illinois. She is currently accepting new family law clients in Kewanee and the surrounding area. To learn more about working with Stephanie Ames or to schedule a consultation, please contact Ames Law Office today.